Nowadays, business competition has been tougher with the rise of internet users in the world. In UAE alone, 99% of the population are on social media with an average of 2 hrs 56mins of daily time spent per person browsing through it.
Global Media Insight – Dubai
Web Design Company ]
More and more business are competing for customer attention and studies show that video plays an important role in winning that click, web visit or purchase. Cisco forecast in 2020 will be that 82% of all consumer web traffic will be video. Here are top seven reasons why your business needs video:
- Video is a good tool to inform customers about your brand/product
- Wyzowl asked consumers how they’d most prefer to learn about new products or services – and video was the runaway winner. Over two-thirds (68%) said a short video would be best, way ahead of text-based articles (15%),infographics (4%) presentations and pitches (4%) ebooks and manuals (3%) (Hubspot)
- Consumers have about 5 seconds to skip a video ad on Youtube. That is why the first 5 seconds of your business video should already entice your target audience to continue watching and encourage them to learn more about your product.
- SEO loves video
- According to Moovly, you are 53x more likely show up on page 1 of Google if you have a video embedded on your website? Ever since Google purchased Youtube, there has been a significant increase on how videos can affect your search engine rank.
- Better brand retention
- According to an infographic from Impact, viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video compared to 10% when they are reading it in text
- Increase conversions
- Have your ever thought about buying a travel bag and suddenly a video ad of a bag suddenly pops up in your Facebook feed? That happened to me recently and I ended up buying this bag with a lot of our compartments and pockets because a video of it popped up on my feed demonstrating its uses!
- Kickstarter projects are more likely to get funded if it has video. According to Kickstarter, video is the best way to communicate the emotions, motivations, and character of a project, and the sincerity and seriousness of the creator.
- Customers prefer brands with a good video
- A lot of companies jump on the video bandwagon without much thought to it and with less planning. They think that as long as their business has video, they would rise above the competition. But a bad video is worst than no video. A sloppy video shows how committed a brand/business in telling their story. With the rise of video as a marketing tool, more consumers have become video savvy and they can tell a quality video compared to poor video
- Videos build trust
- Video, when properly done, wins the consumers trust
- The rise of Facebook live videos and Instagram stories goes to show that consumers want to see behind the scenes of brands and people they follow. These personal snippets (short clips) of brands and people help them build trust with their followers
- Get more social shares with videos
Video has become a powerful marketing tool when done right. Marketing through video used to be dominated by the big brands when you pay airtime by the second to have your video ad shown on TV. With the rise of social media, video marketing has been easier and now almost every brand can reach their target consumer.
Next week, we will be posting the different types of video and which one is the best for your business/brand.